Sunday, July 6, 2014

Brave Store Review~!

Hello everyone! As promised, I am here with my review for Brave Store. Brave is a store on storenvy that sells really cute clothing and accessories. A lot of their items are under $20 and I love that they offer a lot of really cute and affordable items so, you can look cute even if you're on a budget. I want to mention ahead of time that over half of these photos were taken with my old camera so, I apologize for the poor quality but I hope they don't look too bad~ Anyway, let's get started~!


I received two items from Brave Store but, they both arrived separately. I requested each item at different times but, I remember with my last sponsor package my items came separately so, if you order more than one item please be sure to expect this, as well! I didn't really keep track of the shipping times since like I said, I received each item separately but, they both shipped from China which usually takes about anywhere from 2-4 weeks to ship to me USA which is average for international shipping times. Nothing was harmed or damaged during shipping.


The first item that I received was this Pastel Suspender Skirt. I've wanted one for SO LONG it's so adorable oh gosh~  As you can see, it came superrrr wrinkled. The material is kind of thin so, I didn't want to iron it with an iron so, instead I got a damp wash cloth and rubbed out the wrinkles. (my momma taught me that lol)


There were a few loose threads but, it didn't really bother me much, honestly. I'm glad that this skirt has a zipper because it doesn't have any elastic in the waistband. The zipper doesn't get caught or anything, so that's good!


The straps come de-ttached from the skirt so you can wear them with the straps or without the straps. It's up to you~! 


On the inside of the skirt there's buttons along the waistband. This is where you put the straps. The straps have holes in them so, you can put them on the skirt. The only problem I had was, some of the holes in the straps were too small for the buttons so, I had to cut them just a little bit. Other than that, they went on just fine!


As you can see here, the skirt is thin so I would be careful not to wear bright colored undies heh. Other than that, the material is really soft and it doesn't irritate my skin.


Here's what the skirt looks like on me~ As you can see, it's a bit tight around the waist. There's no elastic in the waistband like I expected their to be so, it can get pretty uncomfortable after a while. My waist is about 68-70cm so, I expected it to fit but, I guess not. My advice is only order this skirt if you're waist is 60-64cm so that it will fit you properly. The straps are too long and they fall off a lot so, I tend to just let them hang as they are. Of course I could just take the straps off but I like wearing it this way. Overall, I like this skirt but the quality isn't THAT great and I'm sad that it doesn't fit me properly. Please be sure to check the measurements before ordering so that you don't have this problem, okay?


As I mentioned before, each item arrived separately. The next item that I'm going to be reviewing today is this Chiffon Blouse.



My Chiffon Blouse came wrapped in plastic which prevented wrinkles so, that's good! It was neatly wrapped/folded which kept the blouse looking nice. The blouse also comes with a couple cute ties.


I am not sure what the white tie is for, honestly. But, I put the black tie around my neck like in the stock photos and it looks really nice. I've never worn a tie like this and I felt really fancy~


/casually uses the same photo twice heh. I regret getting a size small instead of a medium because it doesn't fit all that well around my bust area. However, the material is comfortable despite it being made of chiffon (I tend to not like chiffon blouses very much) But, this is a very nice blouse especially for the price! Other than the slight sizing issue, I'm really happy with it. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a nice blouse on a budget. Just make sure you check the measurements on the site before ordering so you don't have any sizing issues like I did.


Here's my full outfit! This outfit came out so cute and I'm really happy with it. I'm really glad that you can't tell there's a sizing issue unless you're up close to me~ Overall, I give Brave Store a 6/10. The quality wasn't too bad and the only big issue I had was with sizing but, that's a fail on my part for not paying closer attention to the measurements on the site. Brave Store has so many new & cute things ugh I want ;__; I hope I can have another review for Brave Store in the near future~

Also, you can use the code "pastelcutie" at checkout for 10% off your order!


5 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! <3 Pink looks absolutely gorgeous on you Jane~! ^^

    ~Misumipyon

    misumipyon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww so cute review ** so pretty colors of outfit **
    p.s. i like ur new blog desin ^^ it's really cute ~

    My blog ♥ New Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and interesting review^^

    http://kurumichiii.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm a new reader :3
    You're blog is so cute (>w<)

    Wow some nice things *^* This shop look really nice! I want the same in France ToT

    ReplyDelete