Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hello everyone! Today, I'm going to be talking to you about jelly shoes. Jelly shoes are rubber shoes that come in many different colors and sometimes, they even have glitter in them! They're made of Polyvinyl Chloride plastic (a.k.a rubber) and they are called jelly shoes because they have a jelly-like appearance. The shoes became a major trend in the 1980's and became even popular in the 90's, Back then they could be purchased for less than $1.


Jelly shoes are back and better than ever! They really hit close to home because I had a pair back in the late 90's (Oh, nostalgia). They come in various colors and a couple different styles, as well. Although, times have changed and they're no longer that cheap. :c They're actually really expensive especially since they're so popular. Jelly shoes can cost anywhere from $35-$60 and even more if you don't live in countries like Australia and the UK because they aren't as common in the US and international shipping can cost a bunch.

 

I was completely in love with jelly shoes and I was extremely determined to own a pair of jelly shoes, once again. I saved up as much money as I could and I finally got a pair as an early birthday gift! I was sososo happy when my uncle purchased them (the clear glittery ones) I wanted to cry because I just wanted them so badly! I bought my jellies from buffshoes on ebay for about $35. *View the listing here.* $35 for a pair of sandals is pretty steep but, considering they're usually a lot more expensive than that I couldn't resist.


I received my jelly shoes about two weeks after they were purchased. The only downfall as far as the seller goes is, I wasn't given any sort of tracking number. I had no idea when my shoes were shipped or when they were going to arrive. As far as I know, I didn't get an e-mail with any sort of tracking number either. Other than that, the order went very smoothly! Nothing was harmed or damaged during shipping.


The clasp or whatever on the shoe is really hard to take off (or maybe I'm just weak?) so, I have to slide my feet into the shoe. Luckily, they're still tight enough that they don't fall off when walking in them.


So, here are my jelly shoes! They're clear glittery heeled jellies and I honestly love them so much! I'm not gonna lie, though. They aren't the most comfortable shoes to walk in but, they aren't too bad. I've been wearing them all day and they're only a little uncomfortable at the ball of my heel but I honestly think that's because I don't wear heels too often. Other than that, I don't really have any problems with them! I can walk in them, at least which makes me really happy because I was concerned I wasn't going to be able to. I'd say, they're pretty true to size. I got a US women's shoe size 7 and I'm usually about a 6 1/2 - 7 and they fit me just fine. They're a little roomy but, I don't mind it. They also look REALLY freaking cute with socks oh my gosh. I have sooo many cute socks so, I know I'm going to be able to style these differently according to whatever I decide to wear! They're waterproof but, I wouldn't recommend wearing them in the rain. Lucky for me, we don't get much rain here in San Diego. I really can't wait for Fall so that I can have an excuse to wear them with super cute thigh high socks. 

Photo spam time!













Aren't they super cute? I love them so much hehe. Even if they aren't your cup of tea, that's okay! Just please don't be rude or insult people just because you don't like them. That's not nice. :c 

Here are the links to the heeled jellies as well as the flat jellies from buffshoes. I'm really happy that I was able to find jelly shoes for less than $40 and these are really nice quality, too. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I hope you purchase some jellies so that we can all be twinsies hehe. ♥ If you have any questions you can comment below or ask me on tumblr.

Thanks for reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment